Thursday, January 25, 2007

Loss of site.

Something horrible is going to happen this year. JKWoodring.com will cease to exist. Come early June, the website will have been in existance for one year, which happens to be the lifespan of free use of the domain. Instead of renewing it, the website will simply have to expire. I've enjoyed having the website. It has its benefits. I can post a lot of pictures, create links, and do multiple other things that I probably haven't thought of. However, I rarely update it and have limited experience with html (thus the rather dull layout). So, since I won't be losing much by not renewing it, I've chosen to simply let it run its course. I'm only a little sad about this. I've enjoyed tinkering with it and learning a little bit more about running a website. At the same time, I'm relieved that I won't have to worry about keeping it updated or giving it a fresh new look every so often.

This does not effect my blog, though. I will continue to post on blogger, and it will still be accessable by searching in blogger or simply going to www.jwwoodring.blogspot.com. The downside is that Kristine and I will no longer have our joint email account (jonandkristi@jkwoodring.com). That isn't too big of a deal since few people ever emailed us at that address.

In other news, the new DavidStoryOnline has arrived, having started today. The death of one site, the (re)birth of another. I encourage all to check it out. Those who do will come across some frawesome and exciting news. Until next time, stay tuned.

No comments: