Sunday, November 19, 2006

Blogs.

I have noticed (not just recently, but nevertheless) that there are many people, most who are my links, who have little interest in blogging. My brother, Timothy, blogs very occasionally and usually pretty simplistic. My dad just recently blogged a couple of times for the first time since June. David Story's last post was even titled "Blogged Out", talking about his disinterest in blogging anymore. My sister Amanda and her husband Andy usually do pretty well keeping up, but many times are too busy to blog consistently.

This isn't a complaint, really. It's just an observation. A few people I know have stated why they don't have a blog. They wouldn't have time to keep up with it, or they don't feel their lives are interesting enough to keep a blog. Well, my life isn't any more interesting than theirs. I guess I've just gained an interest in journaling/writing. I think it started with an English comp class, which struck an interest in writing. I like to think I'm good at it. I enjoy trying to paint a picture verbally, something that can get someones imagination rolling. I like to try to make my life seem interesting, even when it's not. And I like reading others' blogs. Many times they're thought provoking. Take my dad's last blog. It's refreshing and encouraging to read. It speaks of thanking God for the things we take for granted every day. My sister's usually reads of love and thankfulness for family. None of them are "I'm going to be a Hollywood star", or "I just won the lottery". They're more real than that. So many times, the world misses those things. We need to be reminded what's real. Sometimes it's as simple (and sad) as missing someone, or as wonderful as seeing how God's blessed someone.

With all that said, my next blog will probably not come until Kristine and I return from the homeland. But you better believe when I do blog again it'll be a long one. I'm sure it will consist of all that happens on the trip: Thanksgiving, basketball games, seeing friends and family. For now, though, I'll be taking a short break from blogging. Thanks to all who read. Until next time, stay tuned.

No comments: