Friday, November 10, 2006

Curiosity killed the cat....

....but patience is killin' the person. I've yet to hear back from New Testament Baptist Church in Lonoke AR, the church I went to as a candidate for youth pastorship. I was told I would receive a call sometime this week, and the week has but a day left in it. The suspense is killin' me! I'm anxious to know what their decision is concerning me.

Also, Kristine goes to her next doctor's appointment Tuesday. I don't think I'll be attending this one, but there are a few things that make me want to go. I want to know how the baby's doing, how the pregnancy is progressing, and what Kristine needs as it progresses. She'll be tested for gestational diabetes this go-around, and I'm curious to know what the results will be (though I am optimistic about it). I'm sure everything will be fine, but I really am getting impatient with having to wait for Niah to get here.

Last in my list of impatientness, I'm ready to see some cornfields, or at least what remains of them. Our trip to Indiana is 11 days away, and I'll be more than ready when it arrives. I could use the break. School is going well, but I'm starting to feel a bit burnt out. I need to continue working on some papers that will be due in the not to distant future. Right now, though, I feel seeing the familiar faces of those in the Northland is just what I need to rejuvenate and get me through the rest of the semester.

I know that patience is a virtue, but sometimes it's a pain to be virtuous. It seems that so much is happening at once and not at all at the same time. I guess God's just trying to teach me something. I'll just have to trust Him and go from there. As always, stay tuned.

No comments: