Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day!

First off, happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there! I know I appreciate my mother, as well as the women who have acted as interim mother when I'm away from mine or she's away from me. Unfortunately, I don't have that this year. But, none the less, happy Mother's Day.
I have much respect for Kristine's mom. I hope she is having a good Mother's Day, though neither of her children are there to share it with her. I hate that for her. My mom has Tim, but my sister and me are both hours away. I also hate that for her. I do want to commemerate this day for them.
My mom (as well as my dad) instilled in me all the good I have ever known or done. I credit them and God for that. If anyone reading this blog doesn't think I am a good person, though, first of all, I'm sorry for giving off that impression, and secondly, that is not because of my parents. They raised me to be respectful, kind, loving, generous, and curtious. They did not teach me the bad things I have done in my life that I regret. For that, I shamefully credit myself. They have never hoped I would fall, but have taught me to do the things that are good, to make me a better person. When they see those things lived out in me, I hope they are proud, not only of me as their son, but of themselves for doing such a wonderful job teaching me.
I have never had to question whether my parents love me. I know they do. My dad, though rough around the edges sometimes and as blunt a person as any, has never neglected to let me know in some way that he loves me. My mom has nourished and cherished me, my sister, and my brother better than any of us could have ever expected, and yet we so often take that for granted. I know Mandy and Timothy feel the same. We are blessed. Thank God for the family we have. I couldn't ask for better. I love you all.
Again, to all the mom's out there, happy Mother's day. And to my mom, I love you.

No comments: