Sunday, May 21, 2006

Birthday Gifts Galore!

Well, twenty-two has been good to me so far. It started much better than twenty-one did: a four to five hour drive to Mississippi just to see my brother-in-law get ordained and spend money I didn't intend on spending. What a birthday. But this year definitely took a different route. My wife gave me the best birthday by doing everything she possibly could to make it as big a deal as possible. She got me great gifts, took me to a movie via tickets from my sister, and brought me home to a surprise of a surprise party. Our apartment was decked out in Spider-Man decorations and our friendly neighbors greeted me. I opened more wonderful gifts, received a card with Penn Station certificates (one of my and Kristine's favorite restuarants), and then David Story gave me an extravagant gift. He sent me twenty-two seperate emails that either gave me tasks to complete or reminisced about past memories we share. Then, he continued on to say that I was the best and most loyal friend he's ever had. That is frawesome. And, as you all should know, that's saying a lot. Thanks, everyone, for a great birthday. I could never had expected anything more.
This second day of being twenty-two has been a good follow up. I had the great opportunity to speak in the morning and evening services at Avilla Baptist Church, the first church I can remember going to. My mind started to fill with past memories, and I saw people I remembered from eighteen years ago. It was definitely refreshing. I enjoyed the company of the people there, and have been home relaxing ever since. So far, I love being twenty-two. I know God has a lot in store for me this year, and I can't wait. Well, that's it for now. Thanks, again to the best wife ever for a frawesome birthday. There's more to come in this twenty-two year old's life, so stay tuned.

No comments: