Wednesday, May 03, 2006

The End Is Near.

No, not the end of the world, the end of the school year. I've yet to catch up on my work and have a considerable amount of studying to do between now and next week. This blog is really just a refuge from that. I've not much to blog about since my last entry due to the fact that I'm still trying to catch up on work and so forth, but to those who read this, hi. I'm excited about school ending, but stressed at the same time (which may or may not be obvious). Also, I'm getting more and more excited about the next few months and what they hold in store. This month, Kristine and I are slightly busy with things like a "Cystic Fibrosis Walk", spending free passes to the Little Rock Zoo, and planning a trip to Magic Springs. My birthday is coming up (May 20, for all who may not already know) and my parents, brothers (Andy included), and sister, are planning to come the weekend before Memorial Day. I have no idea what we'll be doing that weekend, but I do know it'll be a blast. It always is, it seems. Last time I was with my brother, we played some much needed games of basketball. When Andy and Mandy visited while David Story was visiting, we simply went to a BBQ restaurant called Corky's and made more than the best of it. Mom and Dad always have some kinda new story to tell whenever we see them. If it hasn't clicked with anyone yet, I'm REALLY looking forward to their arrival. Jessica L. and David and C.J. Standridge provide more than enough fun and friendship on any given night (which is usually when it occurs). I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with the family and friends I have, wherever I may be.

Continuing on, June also holds much to be anticipated. We're going to the "home of the hoosiers" on the 8th or 9th and staying for about ten days, partially for a wedding (Kristine's cousin, Samantha, is getting married), but more or less just to kick back and see family and friends. Dad's birthday is the 18th, which also happens to be Fathers' Day, and David Story is scheduled to turn 21 on 22/06/2006. With all of this that lies ahead, I must say I'm relieved. I like to be busy, but anyone who knows me knows I like to be busy doing things I enjoy. That does not include schoolwork. I'm so very glad it's coming to an end, and also glad that I get to enjoy the next few busy things I have on my list.

Well, that's all I've got for now. I really need to get back to work (blah). Before signing off, I recommend reading David Story's latest blog, "He's Still YHWH." It's a refreshing perspective on the magnificent power of the One who's "weakness is stronger than men and foolishness is wiser than men" (1 Cor. 1:25). With all that said (or, actually written), stay tuned.

No comments: